I never show up to a party without BACON! Come on, if my friends are gracious enough to invite me and/ my family to a party, I can at least bring the bacon! This is what I made and brought to a New Year Eve’s party that was a dessert theme. I figured there would be enough sweets to eat that a savory dish might cut the cheese. Hahahaha I amuse only myself. I asked the hostess ahead of time if this was okay with her. Thanks, Michelle! I’m sure you didn’t mind.;) We brought store-bought tortilla chips to eat with the dip.
- 8 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 16 oz. of sour cream (large container)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled/chopped into small pieces
- 1 stalk of scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, chopped, no seeds (Tip: Wear gloves, my eyes learned this from experience!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside.
- Chop green onion.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Remember to save some of the bacon, cheese, green onions and jalapeños to garnish on top. I like to do this so people can see what’s in the dip. Transfer mixture into a serving dish that is oven safe. I used a square glass baking dish that’s 8 x 8″.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately with sliced French baguette, tortilla chips, crackers or veggies sticks.
Photo of the dip before I put it in the oven.