Warning! These are extra good!
Who doesn’t love a good bacon app? Again, I don’t show up without bacon to a party invite. I brought these bad boys with me and of course they were gone by the time we left the party and I had made over 40 over them!
This is very simple to make, you just assemble the parts and put it in the oven. No mixing, no measuring ingredients, no nonsense. So if you’re trying to come up with a delicious and easy appetizer for a party, this one is a must and a crowd-pleaser!
- 30-40 Medjool dates, sliced open and pitted (Trust me you’ll need to make a lot if serving at a party because it will be gone in minutes! I bought a container about the size of a medium-sized strawberries package of Medjool dates from Trader Joes.)
- 2 packages of bacon, cut in half or thirds, depending on how thick and long your strips of bacon are. They will need to be long enough to wrap around the dates.
- 4 oz. container of goat cheese, crumbled
- Slice open the dates and take the seeds out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stuff the dates with a very small amount of the crumbled goat cheese.
- Cover a large baking pan with tin foil.
- Wrap each piece of stuffed date with the cut bacon and secure with a toothpick, piercing through to the other side. Repeat until all the dates have been wrapped in bacon and place onto the baking pan.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the bacon is brown and crisp. Keep checking every 5 minutes so you don’t over cook the bacon. I had to do 2 batches to spread out the dates enough for the bacon to crisp. Serve on a pretty platter and watch how fast they get gobbled up!