What’s better than Parmigiano-Reggiano?
B. Nothing. Nothing is better than Parmigiano-Reggiano
C. Roasted Asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano
I would say my answer is B and C but really, nothing is better than Parmigiano-Reggiano. You can put it on anything or melt it on top of anything and I would eat it!
Here’s a simple recipe to roast it in the oven.
- 1 bag of large green asparagus spears, ends cut off (about 2″)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the ends of the asparagus spears where it is woody and brown, about 2 inches off.
- Cover a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Spread the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil, sea salt and pepper on top and thoroughly mix it all together.
- Grate the Parmigiano-Reggiano over the top and bake for 20 min.
It’s also great not to have to wash the pan because you can just throw away the tin foil when you’re done. We usually pair this with some kind of meat and starch.