This is my go-to, easy-peasy chicken marinade that my family begs me to make and it couldn’t be simpler. Ever since I came up with this recipe, they ask for it every week, sometimes several times a week! Once you know what the marinade is you can change it up and make it however you like but it’s so simple.
Makes 4-5 servings.
- 4 chicken breasts filets or 2 chicken breasts butterflied and then cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp of lemon juice, not the entire half of a lemon
- Place the chicken in a medium mixing bowl, drizzle on the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle on the Lawry’s Garlic Salt and Mrs Dash seasoning. I don’t even measure anything but just make sure it’s evenly coated. The Lawry’s Garlic Salt can be overpowering so be careful with it. Flip the chicken pieces on the other side and coat generously.
- Cover the bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, you can grill outside on your grill or with a grilling pan over the stove. Cook chicken on both sides for 5 minutes each on medium to medium-low heat. Flip chicken once to get the nice grill marks on both sides and don’t move the chicken.
- When the chicken is done, place them on a plate and cover with tin foil for 3-5 minutes for the juices to redistribute.
- Serve with vegetable sides, rice or pasta. I’ve also served this grilled chicken as a sandwich with cheese.
If you don’t have fresh lemons you can substitute with bottled lemon juice which I try to stock in my refrigerator.
I like to use PAM cooking spray on my grill pan. It makes it easier to coat the pan.
Don’t move the chicken around once you’ve put it down so you can get the nice grill marks on both sides. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Serve with your favorite sides or make it into a grilled chicken sandwich and add cheese.
You could also add some red chili pepper flakes to the marinade for some heat.