Makes 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable / canola / coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced or thinly sliced red onions (about 1/2 a small red onion)
- 8-10 medium/large sized shrimp, cleaned and deveined, tail on
- 8 ounces of chicken or tofu, diced into bite size pieces the same size as the shrimp
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package of Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Rice Noodles (cooked & rinsed as directed for stir fry)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts / canned bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons lime/lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 pinches crushed chilies or pepper flakes
Mix ingredients together to create sauce or 8 tablespoons of Annie Chun’s Pad
OR (Cheat Version)
- ½ of an 8 ounce jar of Thai Kitchen Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, crushed
- 3 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat wok or non-stick pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic, shallot and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are opaque; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 2 eggs, then scramble.
- Reduce heat to low; add noodles and then sauce. Toss until well mixed.
- Add shrimp, chicken and bean sprouts. Toss well.
- Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, scallions and lime wedges.
- Add Sriracha for additional heat.
After browning the chicken, set aside.
After cooking the shrimp, set aside.
Scramble the eggs then combine all of the ingredients together. Serve with fresh lime juice and sprinkle cilantro on top.